contains mild peril

Monday, February 12, 2007

The romance of the FA Cup...

Bolton v Arsenal. Wednesday 14th Feb

hmmm.... probably more like the Valentine's Day Massacre....

c'mon Arsenal, cheer me up. I'm still sad from Sunday when France beat Ireland in the rugby. Even our squeak against Wigan didn't lighten my mood (it would've been difficult to do with the fug of alcohol).

I couldn't bear to watch or listen to the footy when i turned it on after the rugby had finished to hear that we were one-nil down.

So I resorted to coping by watching Time Team on Channel Four. Weird effect. Didn't sober me or make me happier or even make me sadder. Just kinda emotion-neutral... it was like my mood was on pause and i was just treading water...

I wonder if that's the TV equivalent of opium?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Hi Whisht

    Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day. Also, that you didn't give up chocolate for Lent as there's a cake for you in my Flickr cupboard. Help yourself!

    Big Sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 pm  

  • aw thanks Big Sis! Amazing how you got the chocolate just right!!

    made my day!

    Whisht

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 am  

  • Glad you enjoyed the cake. How are you these days? You sound much more chipper .... Is the sap rising? ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 pm  

  • Hi again - I found myself unexpectedly on the WoyW page of the PM Webpage (not sure how it happened - it wasn't intended!) when I noticed that one of the pics was by Rich. Was that you, perchance? There were a few bits about the pic and the comments which led me to think it could be you .....

    Hope all well in your world and that the Spanish is coming easier these days.

    Big Sis x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 pm  

  • um, not if it just said "rich" Big Sis.

    sap rising... well/// I guess I can be a sap at times, but....

    yes, we're getting past March into April now so always better (why I'm not so good at beginnings of years escapes me!!)

    x

    By Blogger Whisht, at 12:29 am  

  • Cold March winds as I write this (20.3.07 - bizarrely, your blog gives time but not date for comments!), still, the daffs are withstanding the gales, the sun is shining (at the moment), so it can't all be bad, can it?

    You're no sap. If you don't know the expression, I was just referring to the way this time of the year always makes me - and lots of others - feel optimisitic, more energetic, more interested in 'others' (well, in the days when I was single, at least - I shouldn't admit to it now, should I?), and so on. I love the Spring, especially when it's just peeking through. So much promise after the winter days.

    Take care! and keep your eyes peeled.... the senoritas are feeling more frisky at the moment. :¬]

    As ever - Big Sis xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home