contains mild peril

Sunday, January 07, 2007

S.A.D or sad?

I really haven't been on good form for a few weeks now. I seem to be 'off the pace', trying too hard, not doing things when I meant to and then making poor judgements (nothing serious, but annoying, like not thanking a friend for a present the moment I received it; not suggesting that people vote for fellows on a blog I also post to, silly things but things that stay in my mind at least).

I've also caught myself with thoughts that are a precursor to feeling 'down'/ blue whatever. So.... what I should do is take remedial action and:

cut down on the booze;
go jogging an evening a week;
eat better food (ie veg).

What's good is that these are all easy to do yet do make a difference.

They won't make me any less off the pace, mind. I'm afraid if you know me you'll have to put up with strained gags and sentences beginning and then just fading out as I realise that even I can't be bothered with them.

Yeah, I know I know... the difference??

well the difference is that I'm aware of the rubbish I'm speaking

[blimey - sympathetic music or what - I have randomly selected music on in the background here, and "Dark was the night Cold was the ground" by Blind Willie Johnson has just come on. Ry Cooder did it as Paris Texas!]

[sigh]

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • OK, I suffer with that too whisht. I have just realised that my teeth are horribly nicotine stained, so cutting down which I have done successfully for the last two months is too late, so a visit to the dentist is required.

    I've also realised that the weight I lost in the summer autumn has returned (christmas fare no doubt), and work is just too much like hard work.

    So I'm going for a walk as often as I can. I didn't today as it bucketed out of the heavens, but I have a window tomorrow. Walking not running. Walking somewhere lovely is lovely, going ah and ooh at the sights. Then a trip to the dentist and hairdresser sometime in the next couple of weeks and I shall feel as fine as I have done for a long time.

    You are a funny writer. You have a lot to offer the world, so get writing and contributing to PM and other arena.

    Walk and think and feel nice about yourself.

    The rest will follow.

    Mary

    By Blogger madmary, at 8:37 pm  

  • aww madmary thankyou so much! I'm sure that the teeth and waistline aren't as bad as you think - but that's scant consolation. Actually I had had a look at your new year posting and thought - ah, not just me then!

    Honestly though, the physical stuff i mentioned (consuming and excercise) does make a helluva difference. and yes, we sufferers of our temprament should stick together!

    one other way is to go back to my mainpage and click on the "radiohead" posting.

    It will always make you smile!! and wait for the second track!! "the National Anthem"!! Absolutely brilliant.

    I appreciate you commenting and the nice words - it always always makes a difference!

    By Blogger Whisht, at 9:06 pm  

  • it now occurs to me that the opposite of S.A.D. is G.A.Y.

    Good All Year.

    now, I've just put that on the PM Blog... wonder if it will ever appear...?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home