contains mild peril

Monday, January 01, 2007

Hen Guitar Fy Nhadau

cannot believe this. Actually I don't believe this.

Just read in the guardian (paper not online - so no link!!) about the "possible" Hendrix version of "Land of my Fathers" (Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau) - the Welsh National Anthem.

Complete fake as I'm now enduring after following the link (in the paper - now there's a novelty in itself)

listen .... but not for as long as I have been while typing this as its awful in a faux-Hendrix way.

made me smile for a second tho, if only for the stoopidity of it!!

2 Comments:

  • Hello, hello ...

    Shhh! I keep it a bit quiet, but I've been playing guitar for 25 years now and I'm a quite a fan of Hendrix. (No, I don't have a pony-tail or a leather waistcoat!). I've heard lots folk try to imitate Hendrix, and they all miss the point. Simply turning the amp up so it feeds back does not make you sound like Hendrix. The thing that characterises his playing for me is how much control he exerts even at the edges of what the guitar can do. That and Hendrix had much better vibrato and micro-tonal control than this guy. Still … it gave me a laugh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 pm  

  • Hey - Mr. Hatton - I'm honoured sir!!

    glad you liked the link - can't believe it was passed off as "news"!

    By Blogger Whisht, at 10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home