contains mild peril

Saturday, October 29, 2005

sorry - who are you? (and I care?)

Normally when you meet people there's obvious conversation openers. I met some TFL teacher friends of Ronda's the other night and there's always obvious things to ask, normally about where they're from "hm, Portsmouth eh? I was in Dover - surely not as bad..?" knowing there's bound to be rivalry/ jealousy or at least similarities, but I was stymied by a girl who was described as "Nicola - she's from everywhere". and indeed she'd never lived in any place since infancy for more than a few years and took on the accent of the last person she'd been with.

So a really odd person to talk with, especially as she wasn't interested in answering any questions even remotedly involved with identity. Such as "Sorry, I didn't catch your name..."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home